Membership – The Mississippi Chapter of American Academy of Pediatrics (MSAAP)
Membership in the Mississippi Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics provides pediatricians in Mississippi with unparalleled educational and networking opportunities at the state and local level, along with a chance to advocate for child health issues at the state level, where many decisions are made that affect the health and well-being of our children.
Why be an MSAAP member?
- Increase your knowledge of and participation in legislative and advocacy activities, as well as third-party payor relations, to positively influence the quality of pediatric practice and the welfare of children in your state.
- Join coalitions with other organizations working toward improving children’s health and well-being.
- Promote the interests of Mississippi pediatricians in the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Participate in Chapter committees in areas of interest.
- Serve as a key contact with your legislators.
- Network with other pediatricians with similar interests.
- Improve Chapter member participation in national AAP affairs.
- Receive Chapter newsletter, practice management listserv and other mailings.
- Attend Continuing Medical Education meetings, practice management workshops and periodic webinars on topics that reflect the Chapter’s current strategic priorities.
What has the Chapter done lately?
- MS-AAP sought to obtain funding to provide mental health services for the children; two grants were approved in late 2019 totaling $30,000.
- Produced several videos on mental health issues during the pandemic.
- Host monthly chat sessions for members.
- Assisted members to access BacktoBusinessMS.org, CARES money, and PPP to help their practices survive.
- Through our Pediatric Council, successfully advocated for uniform cred credentialing among the MSCAN.
How To Join?
The MSAAP encourages membership in both the Chapter (state) and national AAP (both are optional but strongly encouraged).
Annual Chapter Dues
Fellows, Candidate Fellows $160
Resident Fellows $10
Senior Member $0
Resident Members $0
Medical Students $10
Affiliate (Nurse Practitioner, Dentist) $160