Chapter Involvement – The Mississippi Chapter of American Academy of Pediatrics (MSAAP)
Over the years, our Chapter has effected change in child health and advocacy issues in Mississippi, thanks to the undaunted efforts of many Chapter members. There are several very active committees and representatives that sustain the work of the Chapter.
The MSAAP Board of Directors encourages you to get involved in an area that interests you. If you have another area of interest that you would like to “tackle” on behalf of the Chapter and children in Mississippi, please indicate so on the Committee Interest form.
Ways to get involved
- Board of Directors
- Area Representatives (2-Year Term, 4 meetings/year, email votes/discussion)
- Secretary/Treasurer (2-Year Term)
- President-Elect (2-Year Term; moves to President, 2-Year Term)
- Committee Chairs/Chapter Positions (see Committee list here)
- Chapter Pediatric Council position (4 one-hour meetings/year on payor issues)
- Key Contacts for Mississippi State Legislators (call/email legislators when action alerts are issued)
- Testifying at Mississippi Legislature in Jackson
- Legislative Day attendance (one day a year)
- Responding to survey/focus group requests sent to membership via email (upon request)
- Media interviews (upon request of Chapter Executive Director or President)
- Facebook and Twitter posting on pediatric issues using AAP Smart Briefs, pediatric policy news, etc.